Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Pregancy has two faces, and it often rears it's ulgy, ugly head!!! part one

So I have had several people asked me to start a blog to tell the story of my pregnancy an birth. I have definatly taken my sweet time starting this blog and I have most certainly herd about it! ;)
Okay everyone it is finally here! the whole story of how I got Roman Adam Williamson here.

October 26th 2009 on my husband Adams 28th birthday, his family was throwing a party at his parents home. Even though it was a great night and everyone was having fun I couldn't help but nourish the nagging thoughts in my head; mind you I had been mulling over the possibility that I might be prego for about a week at this point but I wasn't suppose to "start" until the day prior, and needless to say I was having no signs of a period coming on...

Now you might be asking yourself, "Was this planned, or was this a oops moment?" Well to this day Adam and I have slightly different opinions on the matter... After we were married ( august 7th 2008) we talked about waiting around two years and then we would stop prevention and let what happened, happened... Well a year passed by and we toyed with the idea of maybe stopping birth control around his birthday. However the closer that time came, the more we thought it would be wise to wait.

Okay! now that you are up to speed on that, let's continue with the story.
Now I had been sure on a few occasions prior that I was pregnant (more like paranoid.) but obviously I was not, so understandably when I told Adam that I thought I might be, he didn't really think much of it. But I just had a strong feeling about it this time. While I was in that moment I would not admit it, (even to myself) I was hoping that I was pregnant...

So here I am at my husbands party dieing to know for sure, when an oppertunity arose. Marilyn needed some extra paper cups and plates, so I jumped on that like white on rice! do before anyone else could volunteer I was jn the jeep headed for Wally-world. (aka wal-mart) not a particular place I like to shop, but I wanted a place that was fast and cheap, and wal-mart fit the bill... After I had gotten every thing I needed for the party I went straight over to the pharmacy area, having an internal argument with myself about whether this was really something that absolutly could not wait. Well I decided that it was a "need to know right now!" situation.

I bought my Test and headed back for the car opened the box and pulled out one of the tests and put the rest under the seat, I suffed the test deep into my pocket so that no one would notice it there. On the way home I found myself hoping that it WAS positive... once I got to the house they were ready to serve the birthday cake, so after they lit the candles and sang happy birthday I took the oppertunity to run to the "restroom" while they were serving the cake.
I wasreally careful to put the wrappers of the test in my pocket and not in the trash so that no one would figure it out just yet; I knew I wasn't ready for that.

Waiting for the results was the longest two minutes I had experianced so far. I took a deep breath and peaked at the test... "pregnant."

There were only a few times in my life so far where I actually felt the noticavle change in my life, and no it was not my sixteenth or even twenty-first birthday, I pretty much felt no different on those days. The first day I felt a noticable change was the day Adam asked ne to marry him in Las Vegas, NV in front of the bellagio during the water show. The show was giving me goosebumps and Adam had his arms around me with his chin on my shoulder, and as I put my hand on his I felt the ring on the tip of his middle finger.

It was one thing to think about the possibility of being pregnant and even wanting to be pregnant, and another thing entirely to to actually find out that you are.



No comments:

Post a Comment